Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, January 16, 2017

Stress and food

It's been a rough week for me...

Not giving anyone the dirty details, but let's say I'm not very proud of myself right now. Just because I'm in recovery doesn't mean I don't tread a slippery slope and old behaviors don't try to sneak in.  But I'm gonna overcome it. I'm choosing to focus on what I need to do and not worry about what others think of me.

In the meantime, I do what I always seem to do when I'm troubled.  I purge cupboards and closets, clean things and COOK!

Homemade turkey noodle soup with carrots, onions, garlic, homemade noodles and homemade chicken stock.
Homemade bread (two kinds)





Instead of letting the onions from the garden go soft and spoil, I dehydrated them.


Homemade waffles with the best blueberry syrup from one of my bestest friends.



Homemade Snickerdoodles, hubby's favorite, though I don't really care for them.

My "go-to" cookbook.  I love this.

2 comments:

  1. Comfort food! Yummy. I'm so sorry it was a rough week. It doesn't seem fair that we have them, but they pop up just the same, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, looks to me like you have some great coping mechanisms, all this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete