Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Friday, December 23, 2016

Dear Santa: Wish list from Hope, Joy and Faith Farm

Yo Santa,

I know it's a little late in the season, but if you don't mind, could you tuck a little extra into the sleigh.

I want a trailer to haul the cows and horses in... a stock trailer would be best, but a two horse slant would be okay also.  It needs to be a bumper pull. I want to be able to tow my own livestock to shows, clinics, etc. I also want to be able to purchase hay in larger amounts, resulting in lower costs and less time on the road. In case of an emergency, such as a forest fire, I need to be able to haul them out in a hurry.

Also, hubby has been cruising craigslist looking for a small tractor. As we are getting older (yah, I said it), it would be nice to have a tractor to help till the garden, work on fences and do odd jobs.

Last but not least, please arrange to have Miniature Hereford bull semen delivered. Since it does need to be stored at a certain temperature, a gift card allowing me to order it would be great.  I've attached a photo of the bull I want to sire our next calves.

Sometimes there are things we want (notice I didn't say need) that we know will make our work on the farm easier. It never fails that we see the trailer or tractor we want for sale when we don't have the funds available to purchase it. So, saving money is high on my list for the upcoming year. I often get impatient and make deals or decisions that I regret later.  I am going to work on leveling myself this year and budgeting appropriately.  That way I can let Santa get down to business delivering a present to good girls and boys, not older ladies who wear muck boots.

But hey, Santa, if you have room, the trailer would be really handy right now. I need to go pick up a new miniature cow that we bought last month.



1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen The Ranch but will look out for it.

    ReplyDelete