Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Friday, October 7, 2016

What's in a name? Horse, Episode 2

Apache is the name the little guy came with... While I normally wouldn't change an animal's name, Apache is a very common name for horses with spots (Appy's, POA's, etc), my friend down the road has an Appy boy who is named Apache and really, it just doesn't fit his personality.  He's a mild, mellow boy who really likes attention.  He makes me feel happy.

However, he does recognize the name... when I holler it, he raises his head and looks for me.  Also, I tend to have the bad habit of using nicknames for all my animals.  Lyndsey's dog Mason is "May-May", Bella is "Bella-Boo", etc. I had already started calling him "Chee" for short, so I did a little research and found out the meaning for "Chi" is roughly translated as "life energy" or "vital energy".  This is something that I need in my life right now.  I need to do something that is different, that shakes me up a little bit.

So he will be my "Chi" (pronounced Chee), my energy.  Hopefully I can be something positive for him. Time will tell where we will go together and how we will grow together.


No comments:

Post a Comment