Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Connecting (Horse, Episode 5)

I know I'm posting a lot right now.  That's how it is with most things.  The first few weeks are the busiest, focused on whatever it is that is trying to be accomplished.  I brought Chi home yesterday (I loaded him, towed the trailer home and even backed it up-woo hoo, first time in probably 12 years) because it wasn't working boarding him at the barns.  I didn't have time to go "visit" him, etc.

Anyhow, I put his blanket on (we are supposed to have heavy rain and the lean-to is full of hay) and turned him out with the cows.  Then we fed everyone and picked manure.  I decided to take a picture of him.  He must have heard the click of the phone, because all of a sudden he noticed me.

The photos are in order.  I looked up and he was headed my way.  That was strange because normally I have to go to him and actually follow him around as he doesn't want caught.  He had purpose in his walk and his ears were up.  His eyes were focused on me.  I kept clicking away (he was moving fast, that's why they are blurry) until he was leaning on me.  He wanted my attention.



The connection and bonding is happening.  This feels so good.


























No comments:

Post a Comment