Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Friday, September 30, 2016

October is here...

It means that I love this time of year... It's every other holiday season wrapped up in dry leaves, cool air, crisp apples, fuzzy horses and so much more!

It means that I am busy with the harvest.  I just treated myself today to this juicer.  I've been borrowing one for a couple of years and it was time to have my own. Gonna get started on apple juice tomorrow.


I decorate year-round with spider webs (they catch the flies and don't bother me) but tomorrow, October 1st, will be the day I put up my decorations.  I've thinned them down from 4 tubs to 1, but it still feels good to get the favorites put up.  I'll pull some corn stalks and pick some pumpkins and gourds to decorate outside.


Harvested onions the other day and they are "drying" for a bit in the garage.  That means in a couple of weeks the house will smell very "oniony" as I dehydrate about half of these.


I do fall cleaning instead of spring cleaning.  Because I'm starting to minimalize our belongings, this is what it currently looks like under our bathroom sink.  Yes we do have soap, etc. but that is kept in the closet.



Critters are getting fuzzy and love it when I wander up to the gate to toss them some apples or goodies from the garden.


Got the new boy some goodies today.  Fall was probably not the right time of year to try out a horse, but if I take him treats on a daily basis, even if its dark when I get home, he'll decide he likes me.


And last but not least, when it finally rains enough to remove the fire danger, it'll be time for
a.....


No comments:

Post a Comment