Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, September 26, 2016

Getting back in the saddle... Episode 1

Sometimes you give something up... you tell yourself you don't deserve it, you aren't good enough at it, you can't afford it, or any of the other million reasons in my life I have sold  or found a new home for a horse.  It's a guilt thing that is related to my alcoholism.  

Guess what?  I do deserve it and I can be good at it.  The affording part, well, I'll have to figure that one out a little at a time.

I can't believe that Rachael took this picture.  It certainly doesn't showcase my best side.  The look on Apache's face says it all.  "WTF, lady, I'm only 13.3 hands." In my defense, he seems a bit lightweight and I didn't want to tip him over.  Seriously!
And so it begins... again

So the next day this young guy came to the farm.  I am signing a lease and we'll take it slow. I'm doing it the right way this time.  I even brought home the 4-H advancement book and am going to do some studying on horses.  I mean, I know a lot learned by guess and by golly, but now I want to feel confident.

Stay posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment