Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Our fear is what's overwhelming us... and it's being fed by media.

Normally I do not share my political or religious views. I have always felt that we are all entitled to our own beliefs as long as we do not cause harm to others.  But I am so saddened and disheartened by all that has happened lately in our country.

People are full of fear.  Fear of each other, fear of change, fear of the unknown. We point fingers, we accuse and we hurt others.  Those brave men and women who have sworn to protect us are being threatened, harmed and killed by the very citizens they promised to protect. And yes, innocent people have died at the hands of the police.  I believe that many of those deaths were a result of the officer's fear.  The media has twisted the truth so that the criminals appeared to be poor, mislead youth who were simply trying to protect themselves.  Yes, there are "bad" officers who may feel that their "title" gives them a false power.  But I do feel that those are few and far between.  The media has worked hard to convince everyone that we must fear the police. We have allowed our views to be skewed based on what they show and tell us.

It's not just black vs white, rich vs poor, Christian vs Catholic (oh wait, lets change that to Christian vs Muslim because that is the one being focused on) that we fear.  I see it becoming any sort of difference, from something as simple as lifestyles (farm vs city) to sports (Ducks vs Beavers).  We have sunk to new lows, believing that we can say whatever we think, no matter who we might hurt.

It's time to stop, now.  We must not let the media or the government influence us.  We need to focus on our community, our families, our neighbors. We need to go backwards, live a bit simpler, a lot kinder and think about the little things that matter.  Life is meant to be lived, not feared.

I don't know about you, but I don't respect our politicians or those in power.  I am not proud of our country. I can't bear to watch the news or read a headline because it's all focused on the negative. I am rambling here, but I had to get it out of my system so I can move forward...

Join me in breaking away from the fear...

No comments:

Post a Comment