Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Oh my goodness, life is good...

I was sitting on the couch a bit ago, next to this big lug, Mason,
When I realized something strange... I am happy, life is good.  Yes, I'd like to say that financially, we're great, but that isn't true. But for the most part, I'm happy.  My job is amazing (see, I get to have baby lambs at work)

The holidays were wonderful, from Halloween on through today (Valentines day).  I went to Portland to see my middle daughter and she and my youngest daughter and I went to Halloween town, then I went to a "Home Free Concert" (seeing them again in April).  Christmas and New Years were pretty much stress free.  We had a baby miniature Hereford bull born last week and are bottle feeding a Simmental heifer.  We played in the snow, I've played with the almost 2 year old grandson (he loves to help on the farm). I've helped people because I wanted to, not because I felt obligated.  Today we went and helped my "boss" (she's 20 years younger than me).  She had a baby (her first) on Thursday and has no family here.  The farm they live on also houses her landlords 4 beef cows and they were escaping.  So hubby helped repair the fence, while I did her dishes, gave some motherly advice on breastfeeding and of course held the baby.  We left them with dinner prepared and a good feeling in our hearts. 

Something has changed inside of me.  I don't go to bed every night and lie awake worrying.  Don't get me wrong, it's not a perfect situation. I worry about my children (doesn't every mother) and paying bills still makes me bite my nails a bit. A friend committed suicide, leaving behind a wife and 20 year old daughter.  I saw her at his memorial, the daughter.  She stood smiling and laughing a bit with friends, but she had grown up overnight.  Our youngest was affected by her friend's pain.  L (the youngest) told me that in one month, she'd turned 20 and her childhood seemed distant.  Life must go on.  I don't know what happened to me.  I've been sober over 16 years now.  I never thought I'd be able to truly say "life is good", but for some reason, I can, and I'm not complaining a bit.  Here's a few photos to show you my last few months....

Happy 2016! Snow day on New Years!

Baby Grace Slick

Good friends of all ages, I love them like family

Christmas day (only the youngest child was home)

Halloween town and the Sanderson Sisters (Hocus Pocus is the best movie ever)

Hanging out in Portland with the youngest and middle.

Family photo on Thanksgiving.
 
The youngest tries out for Rodeo Court in two weeks.  Fingers crossed.

Baby boy and momma.

Steve is in 7th heaven, he loves his cows.

Cutest little guy ever.

My favorite flowers!

Have a day filled with hope, joy and faith...
 

3 comments:

  1. My first born daughter lives in Newport, Or.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Newport. It's so unique. I don't get there often enough.

      Delete
  2. Nice blog. Just spent a few days last August with two Grandgirls in Newport we loved it! Congrats on 16 years getting there was a rough ride I imagine. Family member is in it too. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete