Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Turning 50!

I turned 50 last Saturday. Really didn't bother me a bit. The body feels a bit creakier over the last few years, but the mind is still as sharp as a, um, well.... dang it, lost it for a minute. Seriously being 50 is okay, and becoming a gramma in February isn't fazing me. However, Lyndsey turning 18 in January and graduating high school in June is freaking me out! No way is my baby girl that old. Steve & I got married with 3 kids between us, then had Lyndsey about 4 years later. We've never been "alone" meaning no children living in the house. I'm a bit freaked out about that! But, there are some benefits. No more school shopping on Labor Day weekend (maybe we could go camping?), no more parent groups for fundraising and no more painful school concerts, etc. I'm actually pretty proud of the gray hair!
(modeling a shirt with the print designed and made by my super talented middle-daughter) YES, SHE SELLS THEM (shameless advertisement) And I love this sign my momma found for me at a local store:
Pretty much says it all!

3 comments:

  1. You don't look a day over 49! ;-) Hey, I can tease because I'm older than you. LOVE that sign; I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't look even close to 50! (Do blondes really have more fun?)

    Love your t-shirt. Unfortunately, I fall asleep nearly as fast with a book as . . . oh, never mind. ;o}

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete