Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

I'm not losing my mind!

I have had no energy, I'm sad, I'm mad, I'm tired, I'm sleepy, I ache all over, all the time. Thought I was losing it.

Went to my nurse-practitioner yesterday, figured it was menopause (due to a almost 25 day stint of blood loss (sorry if that's TMI) and hot flashes).

My blood pressure (which I'm on medication for) was way high, as was my pulse.  I was anemic in May and she suspects I am worse (almost to the stage of needing a transfusion).  She gave me a shot of B12 and will call me in a few days.  In the meantime, the promise I made to her in May to increase my iron intake will finally be kept.  (I have prunes on my desk as I write this).  I hate iron pills, but I'll bite the bullet (and the cast iron) and take them.

Yay, I don't feel good, but I feel better knowing it's not me going mental!

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, menopause IS enough to make you lose your mind! ;o} I had to take iron pills all the years I was menstruating because of (TMI) heavy blood loss. Hang in there. I really think the change of seasons causes our bodies to go a little wonky, too. I know I'm needing more sleep these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain't THAT the truth (about menopause)! Hope you're feeling better soon; get that blood pressure under control! Scary stuff....

      Delete
  2. Yikes! While I'm glad you're not mental :), you've got to focus more on yourself, Ruth. Do you like kale? That is stock-a-block full of iron and a lot tastier than cast iron...just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try some kids chewable vitamins with Iron in them (like Flintstones) They will start helping you build up your iron with out the nasty side effects of the regular pills. Have a spinach salad once a week (are you close to an Applebees? - Their Shirmp & spinach salad is to die for) Good luck. (a friend of Michelle from Boulderneigh) Tina

    ReplyDelete