Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Where did the time go...

Wow... It's been a crazy busy summer... I feel like time has flown by and I'm not sure what I have to show for it.  Survived fair, Lyndsey did great, I found out that I am stronger than I thought, especially when I was large livestock superintendent.  Got through Lyndsey's first boyfriend and first breakup, Lyndsey got her first case of poison oak and had a horrific allergic reaction (think bee sting swelling for like 5 days).  Found out Steve and I are going to be grandparents in February. 

The garden is going great guns, though its late (I haven't picked any green beans yet) and the apple, pear and plum trees are all loaded with fruit.  I feel overwhelmed just thinking about all the processing and preservation ahead of me.  Yikes!

I promise myself (and you, if you're still reading) to do better on this blog!

Tomorrow I'll upload some pictures of the farm...

3 comments:

  1. Hooray, you're still alive and kickin'!

    I picked my first beans yesterday . . . yellow Rocdor which always come in before my green ones. But they are late, late, late this year. I'm still in the beginning of my shell pea harvest, for Pete's sake! A weird gardening year. Hoping for a long fall.

    Looking forward to your pictures and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like its been crazy crazy at your place this summer! I think we can all agree that summer on the farm makes it hard to blog as much as we'd like to. Thanks for posting and updating us with all your activities. Can't wait to see those pictures!

    ReplyDelete