Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Time management!

I need to learn how to manage my time a bit better. I realize I start something and either run out of time and don't finish it, or I stay up way later than planned finishing it.  I have all these things I want to do, or that I feel like I need to do, before the weather changes.

There's produce to process, or sell, fixes that need done to the barns, winter garden to plant, Lyndsey's last year of school is starting and because she's my baby, I'm feeling internal pressure to be the best momma possible... (that's silly, but, you know what I mean). 

I just emptied the freezer (on the frig) out and had to throw away a bucket of freezer burned ham, fruits, mystery food, etc.  Actually, it'll be fed to the chickens, but I'm still pissed off about that.  Time to start planning meals so that we use what we have and I quit spending money I don't have to spend. 

In the middle of all of this, I also want time for me.  I had somewhat of an epiphany this summer, while I was in the middle of being fair superintendent/4-H leader/auction/committee member/mom and head "kitchen" manager.  I enjoyed most of it, but at the end of fair, I handed off the kitchen thing, e-mailed my co-leaders and told them I'd be slowly backing out of the leader part (Lyndsey's last year in 4-H), and I'll devote my time to the stuff I like.  I like being part of the auction committee, I like being the large livestock superintendent and I love being a 4-H mom.  I like being a leader, and I'll always be around to help my co-leaders, but I don't want to deal with 4-H parents... LOL Being active with the auction committee and large livestock made me feel a "part of" and accepted. 

As a matter of fact, I got pulled in to be "Vanna White" at the auction...



I also want time to write, whether it be my blog (I missed you guys), an article, a letter, I want time to sew, crochet, bake, spend time with the sheep,

So, this requires some time... I need to make a "loose" schedule, and outline what is important to the home (food preservation, etc), to me, and to my family (Lyndsey, hubby, etc.) Then I need to remember that what comes first in life is the memories I make, and no one will keep tabs about how many jars of green beans I canned in 2013.

So, I'm gonna start slow, I'll keep you posted on how it works, because I will be blogging regularly...

1 comment:

  1. Don't know why it's so hard to fit time for ourselves into the busy schedule . . . but it sure is. Falling asleep last night I was trying to figure out why it's so hard to find the time to give myself a pedicure (oh heck, may as well forget that . . . sandal time is nearly over) or even take the time to smear lotion on the dry skin on my legs after a shower! What I'm trying to say is I hear ya and please do post on how the new "schedule" goes for you. I'll be taking notes and following your lead!

    ReplyDelete