Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blue butts and borage question...

We like blue butts and we cannot lie...

Mojo was put in with the ewes August 2nd, but I didn't have any crayons for his marking harness.  I had putt off ordering one, so for the first three weeks, I don't know who may have gotten "lucky" or not.  I got the crayon the day that a ewe that was being brought from California to meet the "main man".  So, I put it on (let's not even talk about the complexities of putting on a marking harness) and needless to say, within a day or two, it was pretty obvious he is doing his job.


As you can see from these pictures, Mojo is growing up.  He's still a very sweet boy, though of course when he's in with the ladies, he gets a little "assertive".  A squirt gun handles that problem quite nicely.




So my borage question... Does anyone know if it is safe for sheep to eat borage.  I know chickens can, but I googled it and can't find anything about sheep.  I planted it for my bees and it has gone crazy.  I am pulling it like crazy, and thought I'd like to through it to the sheep, but am not sure...  Help me out if you can??

1 comment:

  1. I found one web site on borage and uses as a herb but says nursing women should avoid it, so I would be careful in regards to letting bred ewes have access to it.

    If you don't have a crayon for your harness you can always take colored chalk and rub on the rams chest to at least have a clue.

    ReplyDelete