Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Quick lamb pics

 
Mamma Sydney is not happy about being tied up short every few hours to allow her lil' ewe to nurse (well, maybe not so little, she was 10 lbs at 1 day old).  Whats strange is she'll allow the lil' ram (almost 6 lbs) to nurse.  He's on the left in the photo. She is just plain mean to the girl-head butting, kicking, etc. Do you think sheep are smart enough to connect pain with the lamb?  Steve says maybe she realizes it was the ewe that got stuck so I had to stretch and pull to get her out.  I can't imagine that to be true, but who knows.  All I know is I wish it had been the first babies born instead of the last to need the constant attention.  Oh well, the joys of shepherding, huh?
 

 
They are just soooo sweet!

2 comments:

  1. They are INCREDIBLY cute! Those ears....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness! I love those long legs and giant ears!

    ReplyDelete