Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Life is a highway! (I need to stop at a rest area!)

Now I have that song in my head... and that's okay, because I love me some Chris LeDoux!

I haven't been on much lately.  Life here is busy... and I know you are all feeling the same way.  It's almost officially spring, so it's clean-up time on the farm, thinking about what I need to plant in pots to start in the green house, time to wean lambs, all the things I've thought of that will make the day a bit easier (like finally putting the chicken feed in the chicken house so I don't get halfway across the orchard before I remember I forgot it), and so on.  Not to mention work, family and the other stuff.  As a 4-H leader and volunteer, there's always something I need to do, or help out with.

Lyndsey is leaving for her trip to Italy on Tuesday.  She'll be gone 11 days, of course 4 of those will be spent either driving or flying.  She'll be going to Rome, Venice, Florence, Pompeii, and the Vatican City.  It cost $3700 not including spending money and lunch costs (dinner and breakfast are provided), and its made finances way tighter than normal, but its worth it for the opportunity it provides her.  I'm a little nervous, but it's her second time going out of the country (she went to Paris her freshman year), so I'm not to worried.  However, 11 days alone with Steve, now that's scary!  Oh, other news about Lyndsey, she has an official boyfriend.  Poor Steve is not too thrilled, but I reminded him she's a 17 year old junior in high school who's always been very trustworthy.  I asked her how "serious" it was, and she said "trust me, it's not that serious?.  She and I have a pretty open relationship and she knew exactly what I meant.  I do love the fact that since she and Alec started officially "going out", she's been in a wonderful mood. 

I was not terribly popular today with the lambs... we had a couple to de-tail, a couple to de-um, you know (only successful with one), and ear tags for 6 of them.  Tried to get some good poses for sale ads, but they didn't turn out well.  


Here's some of the gang!
 
I think we have some nice looking babies this year.
 
 

 
Got some nice color differences thanks to Mojo.


 
Mason turned 1 year old today.  I don't know how he can be so relaxed in that position.  Lyndsey baked him a cake with carrots, peanut butter, whole wheat flour, etc. and frosted it with more peanut butter. 

 
Kaitlyn, Justin and baby Bentley came over to visit last night.  Bentley thinks he is a Chihuahua instead of a Mastiff.  He's such a sweet boy, but he still has about 100 lbs to add in the next year or so.
 
Well, time to go put clean clothes away.  I decided getting dressed for work out of the pile of clean clothes on the chest wasn't the best way to stay organized!
 
Have a great Monday!





1 comment:

  1. Our daughter went to England while in high school with a couple of teacher/chaperones and a group of other kids. Don't know why but I wasn't worried at all. 'Course, that was back in the 80s and times have changed since then. (Forget I said that, please. You know it will be nothing but a wonderful experience for Lyndsey.)

    I think a lot of us are out of sorts this month. Too much of an inbetween sort of month even way up here where we still have snow covering the ground. Chalk it up to mentally having to pull ourselves out of the winter mode and girding our loins for the spring/summer mode. We'll all be okay. (Now where's the next rest area?)

    ReplyDelete