Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Out with the old, in with the new~2013!

Good evening... (I just read that with a "spooky" tone in my brain.)

Hope you had a enjoyable New Years eve.  I worked from 8 am to 12 noon, then had the rest of the day off (with pay, woo hoo). We went to some friends house that we've gone to every year for the last 3 years.  They are the parent's of Lyndsey's best friend, and the parents of the young man with autism who Kaitlyn works with, so we know them well.  It's always fun, with games, good food and visiting, but reality is, I'd have preferred to stay home with some munchies and an earlier bedtime. 2 am is just too late for me.  Of course, then I slept in way later than I wanted too, as I had a bunch of stuff I wanted to do. 

The good news is, I got a lot of it done on this first day of the new year.  I moved the rhubarb to a new spot in the garden and broke apart the wood framed bed it was in, so now I can get around the blueberry plants without tripping.  I also planted some garlic I found the other day in my seed storage.  Hoping it's not too late for it.  Then, I made a home-made from scrap hay rack for the lambing stall and did a few chores that are on my list of to-do's. Then I cooked dinner and even got a row or two on the crocheted blanket I've been working on the last few years.  Wow, I'm tired.

I didn't make any resolutions.  I'm gonna call them goals, so I can work towards them.  Basically, finishing more of what I start, quit being so much of a martyr and procrastinator and live a simpler life.  I think I got a good start on those today. 

Hoping to see happy, healthy lambs soon.  Watching momma's all closely, as newborn, wet, cold lambs can have lots of problems.  Hate lambing this early in the year, but with our fair dates when they are, market lambs need born in January. Luckily we don't have snow to contend with here on the southern Oregon coast, just wet, windy weather. 

Hope you all have a great rest of the week... full of hope, joy and faith!

3 comments:

  1. I always wondered why so many people had their kidding / lambing at such an early and cold time of the year, but you just answered my question (fair dates!). We don't do the fairs or any judging so I guess I'm lucky! My first kidding of the season isn't scheduled until the first of March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really starting to look forward to getting my garden/yard whipped back into shape from its very sad state, unfortunately it's been raining for about a month! Glad you had a good New Year's, ours was quiet watching movies, didn't even check the time until about 12:15 LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You started the new year off with a bang - what a lot of things you got accomplished! Had I stayed up to 2A, I would STILL be in bed. I am not a night owl. And I refuse to tell anyone what time I went to bed on NYE.

    ReplyDelete