Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Wishing you all a happy Christmas Eve and a very merry Christmas. I may "browse and comment" here and there, but I plan on staying away from the computer as much as possible this next couple of days. Family and friends are valuable part of my life and time is better spent with them fully, in body and mind, rather than nodding mindlessly as I browse the 'net. Please remember and pray for those families everywhere who are hurting, including those in Portland, Connecticut and now in New York. Make your Christmas special for you and your family, and please feel free to let your "expectations" evaporate and live in the moment.

From Thanksgiving on, I start saying "Happy Holidays". It is, after all, the HOLIDAY season. As Christmas draws closer, I say Merry Christmas. After Christmas, I say Happy New Year. Yes, the holiday I celebrate is Christmas, but I certainly don't believe I have the right to tell you that whatever greeting you choose to use is wrong because of my beliefs (and my beliefs are slightly skewed, I don't think I'd find another person on this planet who would say they believe what I do). So, if you celebrate the Winter Solstice (a beautiful holiday), Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, or another special holiday in your religion/beliefs, I wish you joy, peace and prosperity for you and yours.

And may hope, joy and faith walk with you...

2 comments:

  1. Nerry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family. There is so much sadness in our country lately, prayers to all the families that have been thrown into these tragedies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooops I want to wish you a Merry Christmas ... need to clean my glasses.

    ReplyDelete