Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Magazines... subscription costs, decisions.

I made a decision a few months ago to let my magazine subscriptions run out... I had quite a few... Grit, Hobby Farm, Hobby Farm Home, Countryside, Mother Earth News, and last but not least, Backwoods Home. 

I love getting them, reading them, learning from them. But reality is, money is tight and though I love the feel of pages in my fingers, I can find a lot on the internet. 

There is one, though, I don't want to do without, and that is Backwoods Home magazine.  I love it. It's written by real people who live the life I want without buying lots of "have-to-have" stuff.  Also, it's got stuff in it that pertains to my lil' farm.  Yep, there's some politics in it and as I do with anything political, I read and think about it, take it with a grain of salt and don't get angry if I don't agree with what they write.  If you want to find out more about Backwoods Home, along with their website, check them out on Facebook and "like" their page.

Also, the office for this great magazine is located here, in my home town. Imagine my good luck... I know these people.  I see John Silveira on a regular basis, I am friends with Lisa, Rhoda and Heather and love stopping in the office to visit. 

And, the best part is, I was able to trade some old silver coins and extend my subscription... so, for a handful of "change", I got a few more years of guaranteed reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment