Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, October 22, 2012

The best laid plans... (warning pic contains some blood)

I planned on coming home after work and completing some chores in the house that I'd been wanting to work on.  Instead, my phone rings just as we are pulling in our driveway, and it's my mom... 
"Where are you?" she urgently asked.  I told her, she said "Get down here, there's a big three-point in my front yard".  She lives just down at the bottom of our driveaway.  So, we jumped out of the car, I ran into the house, grabbed my rifle and headed down the road.  I don't like shooting at a running buck, but I managed to get my tag filled.  He was a 3 x 3 (here in Oregon, we don't say a 6 point, we call it a 3 point.)  Fully in the rut, boy, our ram smells better than he did. 

Thankful for a hubby and a son-in-law who don't mind doing my gutting and skinning, because I can't do that... Well, I could, but I don't want to.  Needless to say, the chores didn't get done, but that's okay.

Here's a photo-not the best, because Lyndsey didn't want to get her I-Pod wet.  I've seen those photos in the hunting magazines of the women who are in full camo, looking amazing in their makeup and holding up their trophy.  Yah, that's not me...

2 comments:

  1. Great looking buck! Congrats on filling that tag & filling the freezer :)

    ReplyDelete