Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Improved attitude, check!

I am still "minimalizing" my life.  I had sold a few things, making extra money that was supposed to go towards purchasing a replacement vehicle (we are still a one vehicle family, with that vehicle belonging to the 16 year old).  Needless to say, the $100 or so I made got eaten up one way or another (the car needed gas, the dogs needed food-with 3 dogs over 40 lbs, we go through quite a bit now, etc). 

I decided to clean out some more stuff... we now have a camper with a bed, and two air mattresses.  We really don't need the full-sized hide-a-bed mattress my mom gave us about 8 years ago.  We had a metal outdoor 7 foot tall tree with lights for Christmas that was an "afterthought gift" a few years ago, and even tho I like it, it takes up weird space in the garage.  Also, a few months ago we were given an upright freezer in exchange for a few dozen eggs.  We already had another upright that I wanted to keep, and a large chest freezer.  I wanted to sell the chest freezer, but I had to wait until we got started on tanning the steer hide that was in there.  We did that this weekend.  I decided not to sell it, instead I gave it to a young co-worker that really needed a large freezer for his family.  I also gave away the other stuff, though I could have gotten a couple of bucks for them.  I decided it was worth more to me to give it away to folks that wanted or needed them. 

I also decided that any produce I have that I won't be using (I've got lots of tomatillos and beets left in the garden) I will be giving away. 

Yep, I definitly need some cash right now, Lyndsey has another trip coming up in March to Italy and goodness knows we need a good-running vehicle.  However, the little bit of money I will make is not enough to realistically help right now, and I'll feel better knowing that I helped someone have a brighter day!  Paying it forward...

4 comments:

  1. If what goes around comes around, Ruth, you've got good things coming! Bless you for wanting to HELP people more than you want a few bucks....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write just about the exact same thing Michelle did! The kind, good things you have done for others will come back to you doubled and tripled, I know. I wish we could all operate that way rather than having to rely so much on money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reaping what you sow is your reward soon,I am praying,Seems everyone can use a lot of that of late.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things look up for you this weekend, I know your kindness towards others will result in blessings for your family, I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete