Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I'm still here...

I feel bad! It just seems that life is so busy right now that I haven't had time to do much of any thing.  I'll post a few pictures and share more later... garden, getting ready for fair, work, fair, garden, puppy, teens, company, family, you all know what I mean! It's life.  But I miss blogging.  It helps me.


My friend Heather's daughters, Lyndsey and myself at the bench I arranged placed in Heather's memory. I'm hoping to eventually get a cement picnic table there.


Vogue'ing in the aisle at fair. I think this was the first day or so, as I was still pretty perky...


Lyndsey being a little silly during auction with Sophie, her reserve champion market lamb.  She got $6 a pound for her lamb and $4 a pound on her hog, which took 1st blue (behind champion and reserve champion).


I love this picture of Lyndsey.  This is during the Large Livestock Master Showmanship.  She won Champion Hog Showman and Champion Sheep Showman, so she was entered in the Master Showmanship, where she had to show a steer, a horse, a meat goat, a dairy goat, her lamb and a hog.  She had a successful fair, winning the Champion 4-H'er award for the most blue, reserve and champion ribbons.  I was one proud momma.

5 comments:

  1. You must have popped all your buttons off! Way to go, Lyndsey and Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 4-H leader and superintendant in me was saying "What a great job everyone is doing..." While the momma in me was doing the "woo hoo, that's my baby girl beating everyone!"

      Delete
  2. It's so nice to hear from you! Especially since the last post involved an earthquake.... Congratulations, Lyndsey! How wonderful for you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Lyndsey! What a great fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad, life has been getting in the way of my blogging too, some years are busier than others! I'm glad I get to keep up with all the fair excitement on Facebook :)

    ReplyDelete