Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Absent...

I've been absent awhile and I wanted to let you know I'm still here.  This last couple weeks was really crazy.   We held a small potluck in a type of memorial for Heather.  Lots of friends, neighbors and family joined to eat (what we do best, it seems) and visit.  There were tears, laughter and children playing. Heres the picture of Heather's sister Lainey (who kept her sunglasses on because she felt she looked sooo awful) and myself.  She's as tall as her sister.  She has a beautiful soul and I already feel very close to her.  She lives too far away, tho...


A few days later we had the livestock seminar and Elia, Heather's youngest daughter, won the last raffle they had, for a pair of muck boots.  She was sooo excited, and I got goosebumps, because I felt Heather was taking care of her still.

Really, I have doing pretty good until today, then for some reason, my heart started hurting.  I miss my friend.  I miss her smiling face, her excitement, her reminding me to get real... I look at my greenhouse and wish I could share it with her.  Every time I look at a nettle plant (which is daily), I get mad because I didn't get the chance to harvest nettles with her.  I ache for her husband, her beautiful daughters, her sister and parents, everyone who knew her.  I know that life must go on, and I know this will get easierHer Celebration of Life is this coming Sunday, during the solar eclipse, which is so fitting, because the sun has definitly become dimmer in the last few weeks. 

I may be away again for a few days, I have a feeling that I'm gonna be focusing inward for a while, and while I'll still be following all of your adventures, I may need to just vegetate a bit.

Sending wishes full of hope, joy and faith!

3 comments:

  1. We all need time (sometimes a lot of time) to grieve losses in our own way. Seems like you're being guided by what your body and emotions need and that's healthy. Be good to yourself and do what you need. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending you BACK wishes of hope faith and joy too.I know the feeling of ache,my heart goes out to children mostly ,it hurts my heart to see them hurt

    ReplyDelete