Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My new kitchen toy!

I was offered a free, brand-new Hamilton Beach juicer the other day.  I mean BRAND NEW, the box had been opened, but it had never been out of the box.  She wanted to give it to me, but I didn't feel right about that.  She is a co-worker and a friend, and I don't like taking advantage of people.  She is struggling with facebook, and I'd already given her one lesson (just an hour of us sitting in front of her computer while I directed her in how to access different parts of the site).  So, I offered her two more free lessons in exchange for the juicer.

I am in love!  Hard to believe that this:


 Made this!  Almost two cups of the freshest, best-tasting juice ever.


I've also made a spinach/carrot/apple/celery/orange juice that I liked, but Lyndsey and Steve didn't care for it. 

Lyndsey loved the plain apple and the apple/orange mix.  She finally tried the apple/orange/carrot blend and said it wasn't bad.

I can't wait to go pick the fresh chard in the greenhouse and try it.

Soooo excited!  I love kitchen gadgets!  Not to mention the really healthy aspect of the fresh juice!

6 comments:

  1. DID I TELL YOU MY NEW COLOR ,YA I'M GREEN,GREEN WITH ENVY!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a deal! Everyone benefits from it - that juice looks soooo delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have recently started juicing also. I tried the celery in one of my mixtures and didn't care for it either. Our favorite so far is carrot, apple, spinach or parsley, and pineapple.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we were juicing (okay, I'm hanging my head in shame as we haven't done it in an age) our favorite was pure carrot juice. Talk about yummy! Only problem was that you had to make it fresh every day. If you tried to make more than a one day's supply, it did NOT keep in the refrigerator for even 24 hours. I suppose it was still good for you but the flavor changed dramatically . . . almost was kinda bitter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic. I think you will really enjoy your juicer!

    ReplyDelete