Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I have a confession to make....

I am  being such a slug...  Steve left for training yesterday.  Last night for dinner, I had a peanut butter and honey sandwich and a cup of nettle tea, followed by some peeps for dessert.  I don't know what Lyndsey had... (Bad momma!)  I decided I would relax for the evening and then get started today on all the things I want to do while he's gone.  So, last night I watched tv, played on the computer and read.



I got home and Lyndsey had already fed the sheep and pigs, so I puttered around a bit, planting some Golden Nugget tomatoes, gathering the eggs, checking on the sheep (The youngest ewe lamb has been a bit puny since Lyndsey took her all over town for a fundraiser, I'll explain later).  She seemed better tonight. She is much smaller than her brother and I'm debating supplementing her with a bottle.  She is almost 4 weeks old, so she may not take it.

Anyway, I'm wandering off my subject.  After I locked the chickens in, I did cook for Lyndsey and I tonight. 


I can't believe I am showing you this... But, I did have nettle tea.  We won't talk about the homemade caramel (made from sweetened condensed milk) that I stirred into it.  And, I haven't opened the Oreos yet.  I don't often eat Ramen, but it just sounded good, and with Steve gone, a 4 course meal isn't in my plans. 

And, to finish the night, I haven't done much else.  My UFO that I am finally almost done on is sitting on the shelf looking at me with accusing eyes (well, accusing yarn).  The stuff that I need to post for sale on Facebook and Craigslist is still sitting unphotographed and the pile of clean, folded clothes in my bedroom is not put away. 

Am I feeling guilty?  Well, some, but not enough to get moving.  After all, it's 8 pm and I can't start something I won't finish, right?  And, on a positive note, tomorrow the TV nook (a deep shelf built into our wall) will be painted a kind of cocoa brown.  Am I doing it, you ask... Nope, I messaged Kaitlyn today and asked if I should use a brush or a roller to paint with.  She said not to worry, she'll do it tomorrow.  Hee hee hee... I'm so evil!  I can use the power of suggestion to get things accomplished... To bad it doesn't work on husbands.


Wishing you all a very restful evening as I sit here slug-like on my couch!


4 comments:

  1. NETTLES TEA EHH,WHAT DO YOU THINK OF FENNEL SEED TEA ,HAVE YOU EVER TRIED IT?,HAS MEDICINAL EFFECTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you totally deserve and should take every bit of down time you can get while Steve is gone. Consider it a therapeutic break for youself. You'll be better off for it. So there!

    P.S. Do you have my address so you know where to send the money? ;o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fennel seed tea is good for stomach-soothing. Some Indian restaurants have candy-covered fennel seeds to eat after dinner - I like those better than the tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, I'll admit it, I'd eat that dinner you "cooked"! Too funny, we all deserve nights like that every now and then!

    ReplyDelete