Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter Sunday!

I'm not a church-goer, but I see myself as a spiritual person.  I believe that Easter is a time of renewal and we celebrate it with a few decorations, eggs, candy and time with family.  I do miss the days of Easter dresses (or since it's Oregon, new rubber boots), Easter egg hunts and Easter baskets.  However, it was nice to pull out the stuffed lamb I found for Lyndsey a few weeks ago and put a bag of chocolate by it and call it good. I only have 4 small Easter decorations to store tomorrow.  We are having dinner with my mom and dad and my younger sister and her family.  I made a vegetable tray and a fruit tray (with dip made from marshmellow creme, cool whip and cream cheese),  homemade wheat rolls and a lemon custard to take down.  I'm missing my middle daughter something fierce.

Today we had the folks from the local assisted living facility come out to visit.  They'd been out a few years ago when my sister lived there, and the activities director thought Easter might be a nice day for them to visit again.  I found a bunny to borrow and got out my two cuckoo maran chicks, we grabbed up the little ram lamb and I put Two on a lead rope.  I thought some of the residents would get outside the bus, but they didn't.  The next thing you know, Two is invited on the bus, all 225 lbs of her.  Cracked me up.  She walked through there like she was a "tame" sheep (which she pretty much is) and all the folks loved her.  The baby lamb was popular, but the mini-rex bunny that I borrowed was soooo fought over.  One lady kept insisting he was too scared to be passed around and we had a hard time getting him from her.  I really enjoyed sharing our farm with them and invited them back.  Lyndsey really enjoyed helping, and she is like me, we love seniors.... they have so much to share with us.  I think we may start making a regular visit over there.

Anyway, once I get the pictures of Two on the bus, I'll share them. 

Hope you have really special day!

5 comments:

  1. your really a giving person Ruth,you give your heart ,your soul ,your family and more hope the elders had a good time. I made Easter baskets but called it at age 12---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think of the wonderful memories you made for those seniors by opening your homestead and heart to them this Easter. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to share your Easter......and can't wait to see those pics of Two on the bus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful thing you did for them! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a special day that was for them! Can't wait to see the pictures - they will be priceless!

    ReplyDelete