Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Silent Sunday (with a few descriptions).


2 Cuckoo Maran Pullets, which I didn't need but hubby let me get anyway.


Steve patiently waiting in line (45 minutes plus) for a doughnut from Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland, Oregon.  I had a Bacon/Maple doughnut.  Sooo good!


I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to stop here, and today, on the way home, we finally did.  Too bad (or luckily) I was broke! But I did get some seed potatoes, some Gold Nugget Organic Cherry Tomatoe Seeds and treated Steve to a Meyer Lemon tree.

The reason for our trip to Portland.  Last year, I went from Christmas, 2010 to Christmas, 2011 without seeing our middle daughter, Michelle, who lives 6 hours away. I made a vow that will never happen again. So, even though we couldn't afford it and I spent the whole drive praying the car wouldn't break down, we made it and I got to spend some quality time with her and her boyfriend Taylor.


We went to Multnomah Falls.  My mother assures me I went when I was 4, but you know, I really don't remember it.  We didn't do the long hike, but we did go up to the bridge.  It was incredible


Taylor also suggested we go to Saturday Market, another place I've never been.  And we rode the Max, the local transit system, another first for me.  (I was born in a small town and my mom didn't travel until I moved out).  I loved the market, and wasn't too upset about not having money to spend.  We saw some incredible felting, some amazing jewelery, and I loved the people watching. 

Back to work tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. What. You don't remember seeing the falls when you were four? ;) They sure are gorgeous. (I don't remember some things I saw last week!) Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good time! Love the header logo, do I feet a tattoo design coming on? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooohhh... new tat! Hadn't thought about that, but if I take out the word "Farm" it would be really cool. I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  3. They have "gooseberry falls" up where momma pea lives,but she has a few more in her area too! gorgeous up there ."VOODOO DOUGHNUTS ,MUST BE A POPULAR PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a little trip away from home can do wonders for all that ails ya! Plus seeing your middle daughter was the icing on the cake.

    Do you know I always thought your daughters' names were actually Hope, Joy and Faith? Dummy me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mama, my daughter's names are Kaitlyn Hope, Michelle Joy and Lyndsey Faith. So, no, not dummy you,the farm is named after them.

      Delete