Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Friday, March 16, 2012

Made it to Friday...

Okay, the pigs are home safe and sound... Lyndsey was excited because we weren't sure how they were going to be selected and Gary, the guy we bought them from, had already picked out the best one for her, then they rotated between the other kids who were choosing, and he made sure that she had his hints on the next best one...


Kaitlyn and I finally successfully finished the transcription... 26 hours of typing (not counting the 6 hours that were lost on my computer).  I wasn't sure how much we were getting paid, but I told Kaitlyn we'd split it.  While it stressed me incredibly this week, getting the check for $650 was soooo unexpected and worth it.  Kaitlyn got $325 for her share, I paid Lyndsey $25 because she typed for an hour, and then I used my $300 to pay Kaitlyn back for the money we borrowed for the pigs.  The pigs cost $225 a piece-yikes... Lyndsey really wanted a chance for Grand Champion at fair, which is why we spent so much this year.

Another wind and rain storm has blown in... snow is predicted for 1000 feet, but we are a bit lower than that, so we won't see much.  I'm just praying the bee hive doesn't fall over...

Tonight I've done nothing but sit around, and tomorrow we have a field trip to a sheep ranch where they have over 5000 lambs a year born.  It'll be fun and hopefully I won't bring any bummers home (sometimes they give them away for free)...

Anyhow, wishing you a weekend full of hope, joy and faith!

7 comments:

  1. Ruth,
    The pig looks good and should be a lot of fun to raise!
    Your weather is so much diffrent then ours! 82 yesterday and the sun was so warm that I got out the T-Shirts and packed the sweatshirts away! The blooms on the firut trees started to open today!
    By the way, did you get my mailing address? I sent it via e-mail twice, but not sure it got through?
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, I didn't get it, I wonder if it's going into my junk and I'm missing it, I get so much junk mail in my box. Message me here when you re-send it and I'll watch for it.

      Delete
  2. You deserved to just sit around last night (although I doubt you truly did!) after the week you put in. So glad all that typing/transcribing turned out to be worth it. Nice that you had some helping hands around to work through it! I used to do some transcribing and although the topic was interesting, it was sometimes more stressful than it was worth. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly did sit around, I promise. I wasted a bit of money and bought some sausage, cheese, crackers and fruit, that was our dinner and I watched t.v. and played on the world wide web... Then I couldn't sleep and Bella woke me up at 6 am... so much for relaxing.

      Delete
    2. Sausage, cheese, crackers and fruit for dinner was not wasted money. It's not like you bought TV dinners! But I know what you mean. Even when we eat out (infrequently) at our favorite mom and pop restaurant for burgers, I leave thinking of how many groceries I could have bought for the price of that one meal. Sigh. And they say money doesn't make you happy? Wouldn't it be nice if somebody let us try? ;o}

      Delete
  3. NOW ,YOU CAN START A PETTING ZOO,LYNDSEY BETTER BRUSH UP ON HER NURSERY STORIES"THIS LITTLE PIGGY....."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job collecting a decent amount of pay for your hard work! Cute photo of piggy!

    ReplyDelete