Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I've seen better days... And then the bottom drops out!

Just one of those lovely weeks... where everything I have touched turns to manure (and not the kind I can compost).  Lost half of a large document that I was typing for extra cash, so I have to re-do it and have it done by Friday (while working) spent Tuesday home sick (and I was sick), but couldn't rest because I was typing the document that later got lost.  The main server at work went down (didn't really effect me, but means that I have a bunch of stuff to catch up on now that the program is working).  Got a call from the guy we are buying 4-H pigs from, we were supposed to get them in early April, so had budgeted appropriately, he called last night and wants me to pick them up tomorrow night after work-so, 2 hour round trip to get pigs in a storm that is forecast to be high winds, heavy rain, and I am borrowing money from Kaitlyn to pay for the pigs and some feed.

I often wonder if my life could make it one week without chaos or crisis.  Oh well, I will survive... (Okay, now I have a disco song stuck in my head!)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like your living my life...never fails. I hope you get your week of chaos wrapped up though and you get home safe and sound with your little piggies. You know that saying, life doesn't hand you what you Can't handle and I am pretty darn sure you handle lots! Drive careful and hope you get that document all packaged up and your next week starts out brighter. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats called robbing Peter to pay Paul. maybe your wondering (you don't have time to wonder or wonder)?WHATS ALL OVER MY FACE BOOK ABOUT THING OF ENCOURAGEMENT INCLUDING THE SERENITY PRAYER. MY DAUGHTER LOST IT AGAIN ,HER AND MY SON HAVE BEEN SEPARATED FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS.ONCE AGAIN SHE THREATEN TO HARM HERSELF ,ONLY HER DAD AND MY SON WERE NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE .THEY WENT TO COURT ,GOT A RESTRAINING ORDER-THAN WENT TO FAMILY COURT THE ORDER IS STILL IN EFFECT FOR 3 MONTHS ,ONLY VISITATION WITH SUPERVISED ,EVERY OTHER WEE-END -SHE THREATENED TO HARM HERSELF AND OTHERS ,WE THOUGHT ,THE CHILDREN( WHO ARE 7&8 EARS OLD)SHE HAS BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER WITH NARCISSISTIC TENDENCIES-i GUESS THATS WHY EVERYTHING BRIDGET DOES IS ALWAYS HER AS THE FOCAL POINT. BUT IT IS A MENTAL ILLNESS AND i still love bridge and I want her to get the right help. we did not need a Susan Smith incident or her ,harming herself. THE GRAND BABIES (THEY ARE STILL BABIES IN MY EYES) DON'T UNDERSTAND,THEY SAY " MOM WOULD NEVER HURT US"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, Ruth. Don'tcha just hate that feeling when you have more to do than you can possibly accomplish in a required time period, control seems completely out of your hands, and lack of finances makes you feel helpless. We all know you're a very strong woman because you've conquered what so many people cannot. Hang in there, Friend. The rough periods do smooth out. Some are just longer than others. Keep blogging. I really do think writing it out helps in some odd way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the Icky stuff passes quickly and that you're feeling better soon. Keep on keeping on....we know that you will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how boring our lives would be without all that crisis/chaos. Right. It does seem that when it rains, it pours. Hope you're feeling better and that your drive for the early pigs is not as bad as you fear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling overwhelmed too this week, here's to us persevering!

    ReplyDelete