Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Thursday, February 2, 2012

De-cluttering challenge! First week done!


Half Dozen Daily Challenge I joined this challenge, and last night, started on it...

I decided my personal space would be where I store my clothes. I don't have a dresser for me (Hubby has a big oak dresser), so my clothes that I don't hang up are stored in cupboards and drawers of a oak entertainment center and a china hutch. It's a bit of a disaster, to put it mildly.





After pulling everything out of the cupboards and drawers, I sorted through it, making a pile to keep, a pile to throw away and a pile to donate.  Part of the Challenge is to purge 29 items, and I know I'll get rid of more than that. Everything got straightened up, in boxes so that I can keep it sorted.  I was also able to end up with 2 totally empty cupboards.







The pictures aren't the greatest, but they at least show what I got done...  Now, I'm hoping it will take less time to pick out clothes for work...

6 comments:

  1. oh no,I can't possibly get rid of everything,oh all right I'll try,but someday I might go to Jamaica.,that one shirt is so meee OMG,just kill me now Ruth,but just send a truck over for my junk,ill need it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does your husband have a big oak dresser and you have to make do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job!! Looks great! :) I have the closet & hubby gets the dressers... I posted my "before" pics today.. Not pretty! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! Rumor has it that decluttering can be addictive. I wouldn't know....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, do I ever need this! But, I know me, and I'm not accepting a challenge of this sort. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done! Purging seems to be in the air this winter, everyone seems to be doing it!

    ReplyDelete