Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Alcoholism!

I am a lucky person. For over 13 years, I have fought (and so far won) a battle that my father lost, and too many friends have lost. But, lots of people are fighting it right alongside me and the good news is, it can be conquered, one day at a time.

I cried today, for a friend who left this world to soon. He was one month younger than my husband.  He was a great person, helping many in his position as a Juvenile Officer and later as a Voc Rehab worker.  He left behind a wife and a daughter in the 8th grade.  Please, don't be afraid to ask for help!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear this, I know this must be very difficult to deal with knowing exactly how hard it is to conquer what he couldn't. You are amazing to have been able to see past to the future you could have and to be actively working every day on having the life you and your family deserve so much! You are an inspiration and even though you have lost a friend, I have no doubt you are also or soon will save a life of someone else through your example. I will say a prayer for your friend's family, and sending hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss but applaud your battle; it's a tough one, that many people don't realize must be fought everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say you are a lucky person. I say you are also very strong and much admired. It must be heartbreaking for you to see someone like your friend lose his battle. I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete