Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Last baby of the year!

Well, Bebe, Lyndsey's Romney, must have listened to me! I moved her into the "lambing pen" (ie greenhouse) last night, as her other flock members, who are at other 4-H homes, lambed a couple days ago. She was not happy, and her voice is quite loud. I was wondering last night how long I would have to listen to her vocals. We got home after work, and while we were still in the car, Lyndsey said "It would be nice if Bebe had her lambs and we didn't have to worry about it." I said "Keep dreaming!" We came in and mixed calf milk, and Steve headed out to start feeding the calves. He hollered "Hey, we have a baby" and I said something along the lines of "mumble, mumble, you jerk" under my breath and out loud I said "Yeah, right, real funny!". I totally thought he was joking. Guess what?


He wasn't! This isn't a great picture, but Bebe presented us with a cream-colored ewe lamb, who seems to be pretty healthy. Bebe is thrilled with her daughter, and is such a good momma. For a first time labor and delivery, it looks like all went well, the placenta was out and baby is nursing well. I am relieved that we are done for the year, but kind of sad at the same time. The babies make for a nice break in the routine.

Oh well, there is always next year for more babies...

8 comments:

  1. Is anything sweeter looking than that? Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it IS a good picture and so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby! I love the babykins around here...goat kidlings...but am all fuzzy warm thinking of when we finallymove and I can have sheep!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Sounds like it couldn't have gone easier than that. As for the little lambie . . . cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great lambing....get there and it's already finished! Congrats on the beautiful lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my favorite kind of lambing. All the excitement over and everyone fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for Bebe! Now she has a herd member, and a super cute one at that. :)

    ReplyDelete