Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Friday, December 30, 2011

No babies, babies and life.

No, I am not expecting. But, it looks like 3 of our 4 ewes are. I really wish that Beiste, Lyndsey's big Suffolk, was one of them. When we bought her the owner said she'd been bred (he used a marker) and was due end of November, first of December. It's now the end of December and no babies. She is so big size-wise (about 350 lbs) I was hoping she was just hiding it. Dang it, I really wanted a nice ram lamb so we didn't have to stress about breeding anymore.

Staci, Two and Bebe all are looking pregnant. They will be due in a week or two. It is Staci and Two's first time, so I need to get my "birthing" kit ready. Can't wait to see the babies.

We survived Christmas and it was wonderful to see my girls. I can't let that much time pass without seeing them again. It is good though, to have a long weekend at home.

Hope you are all well...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Ruth you got Christmas with the girls and congratulations "momma"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eagerly waiting to see pics of your new little lambkins in a week or so. New babies on the homestead . . . a great way to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete