Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Busy, but in a good way!

Dang, time to breathe yet? I've been pretty busy lately, and usually when somebody says "wow, how do you do it all?" I modestly say "It's not that much" cause it doesn't seem like much. This time, my answer is "I don't have a clue".

I have made time to skim the blogs I read, but no time to comment. I haven't blogged because I want to take time to show what I've been doing (I get a secret pleasure of crossing off things on my list).

So, I promise, in a day or so, I'll have something worth reading (hopefully, and I hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging).

In the meantime, first canning of the year (I've frozen and dehydrated a lot, though)...

I tried a sweet and sour wax bean recipe and didn't think the amount of liquid would do four pints, so I doubled the batch. Guess what, too much liquid left, so I made a couple pints of s&s carrots and 3 pints of s&s sugar snap peas. That last was totally an experiment, have no clue how they'll turn out!


And, my favorite season, Fall, is almost here!

6 comments:

  1. Those look delish! Can't wait to "hear" all about what you've been up to. Hope you have time to email your mailing address so I can send your bread book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about busy. I'm kinda looking forward to winter, just to slow down. I love reading the blogs, just have a hard time staying awake to blog myself. Love the canning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now you got me going.what is Ruth up to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your preserves look WONDERFUL. Sure hope they turn out for you. Waiting to hear your news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! It is good to be busy, and there is nothing better than crossing something off your list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you, I'm slowing down a bit since it seems it takes a bit longer for me to have blogworthy items to post this time of year LOL. Your canning efforts look delicious!

    ReplyDelete