Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Somebody needs to knock my head off with a baseball bat, please?

It would feel better, I think... Saturday evening at the fair, I noticed I was starting to cough. Probably too much dust from being at the fairgrounds for 4 straight days, right? By Monday, I was coughing a lot and my head was horribly congested. Tuesday was my first day with no caffeine or diet soda (I only drink 1-2 cups of coffee in the am, but I am addicted to diet soda). Neither are good for me and some of the research I have done says that I will actually feel better when they are out of my system. Yesterday morning I drank a cup of green tea, which does have caffeine, but I need to slowly go off of it. I felt pretty good all day yesterday, except for the sinus congestion. I went to bed early and slept great, probably due to being worn-out from the fair.

Today is another matter. I woke up with a runny nose, coughing and phlegm, congestion, a headache, and so tired. I drank another cup of tea, took some OTC allergy meds and a mild pain reliever for my headache. It eased some, but is definitely making me tired and cranky. I am working at the county surveyors office in the afternoon and it is very quiet here. I'd love to put my head down and take a nap.

I will tough it out, one day at a time. I truthfully would steal a diet cola if I could, but there is none here (even the soda machine is sold out of diet, so I'm taking that as a sign). I am hoping the cravings pass soon. This may be harder than quitting drinking (of course, I was in a recovery place then, so I had help.)

Hope you are all well!

7 comments:

  1. I only indulge ..... [ got ya ] in a diet soda every so often---FEEL BETTER SOON. TOMORROW IS A LONG DAY FOR ME Jerry and I -HIS PET SCAN AT THE VA.I didn't know they take 3 hours. so the trip will take a couple on the transit [ normally only a hour driving ] but when they pick up other people ,it takes longer. sometimes I enjoy the long right if we go through some of the older neighborhoods-the house are so beautiful. too bad ,most are turned into apts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AS USUAL,I TRY TO DELETE SOMETHING AND 1 /2 MY COMMENT GOES,SO IF I DON'T MAKE MUCH SENSE ITS BECAUSE MY LACK OF COMPUTER SKILLS ------NO INDULGENCE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, dear lady. You did the REALLY hard thing 12 years ago so I know you can do this for sure! BUT why don't you put it off just a few days until you get rid of your crummy summer cold? Don't make yourself more miserable than you have to be. Then when you're back up to snuff again, why not get rid of the diet cola first while still having your one or two cups of coffee for a while. Slide into it gradually so you can keep functioning without feeling so awful or walking into walls. I'm betting you got super-rundown during the fair and the cold is the result of that. Don't tax your system too much by cutting out the coffee and diet cola while you're sick. I totally agree the diet cola is baaad stuff for you. A natural healer once told me some people process coffee so well that drinking it in moderation is not a bad thing. One or two cups each day sounds pretty moderate to me . . . unless it makes you bounce off the walls. Just some thoughts . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes as you heal, and as you try to kick the caffeine habit. It's a hard one to break, especially the soda, but I can tell you're one tough lady. I'm sure you can do it if you want to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quitting caffeine????? I cringed! I drink like 10 shots of espresso a day LOL I have no advice on this one, although I never drink soda, too sweet for me so I guess at least half the battle would be won if I tried this :) You've done way tougher things, I know you can do this, but I agree with Mama Pea, wait until you feel better, one thing at a time....

    ReplyDelete
  6. My problem is, I have found I can't wean myself slowly with anything. If I have one, I'll find a reason to have another one. I tried before with only letting myself have soda when we went out to eat, but then I would stop at the local fast food joint and have one. My addictive personality doesn't always listen to reason. LOL I feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I see what you mean about quitting cold turkey. I'm that same way when I restrict myself from eating certain foods when I'm trying to drop some weight. If I fall off the diet wagon by eating just one thing I shouldn't, I tend to think all efforts are ruined so I may as well go get some potato chips! So I do understand what you're saying. Really glad to hear you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete