Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Important note to self: Water damage in a manufacture home is not good

Important note to self: Do not let animals distract you when you are filling the tub in the master bathroom. I totally spaced, came back in the house and got on the computer. The result is calls to the insurance company and contractors and being down to one bathroom for awhile. Lyndsey is not happy about having to share her bathroom with her parents.

I called Steve at work, he is not happy, but I will remind him of when he totally flooded my mother's house a few years back. She got all new flooring because of it. I called the insurance, got a claim number and I called my contractor friend. No costs for now, they are doing damage control. They are pulling carpet and padding, gonna cut sheet rock and pull insulation, etc. Thank goodness for home owner's insurance. I don't know how long it will take to repair. I am totally kicking myself in the A$$, I am so stupid! Dang it!

Time to start working on my short-term memory.

6 comments:

  1. Don't kick yourself too hard! I almost completely undid my well because of the same reason - I've stressed twice now. Pretty scary to think of having to drill another well! It did help me remember to turn the water off...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has gotten distracted at one time or another. I was heating some food in the oven (years before microwaves!)--my boyfriend called......I went over to his house. A long time later, we heard fire engines. Guess what?

    So, live and learn. And stay off the computer-LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Sorry to hear, but I completely understand! Hope things work out with the repairs, I know it's stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, omg. Hey, these things happen. The important thing is no one got hurt! That's what they always say, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. it must have been worse than I first thought--sorry Ruth,what a mess to clean uo-yuck

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. Oh. Oh. Doesn't that just make you wanna bang your head on the wall? Would it help if I said it could have been worse? I've been doing my share of stoopid things lately but I'm blaming everything on simple brain overload. We all have too, too many things to think about these days. So sorry for the mess and inconvenience. Hope all is back in good working order soon.

    ReplyDelete