Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Good deed goes rewarded!

Remember when I went and "helped" the baby goats be born a few weeks ago? I did it just for the sheer joy of it, because I love animals and I like helping people. I didn't expect anything from it.

Imagine my excitement when this arrived in the mail the other day.



Heather, the goat's owner, and I had been talking a while back about cast-iron, and I mentioned I wanted a dutch oven with a flat lid. She went a step better and the lid can be flipped and used as a griddle. I can't wait to get started "playing" with it.

Happy, happy day!

6 comments:

  1. Nothing beats cast iron! How nice that your friend did that for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN JUST SEE YOU USING THIS--AT ONE OF YOUR OUTDOOR COOK OUTS AND ALL NIGHT SLEEP-OUTS, MAYBE AT THAT WONDERFUL BEACH NEAR-BY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice surprise! You didn't expect any "repayment" for the favor you gave but isn't it nice when good things come back at you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How sweet that was! Some people are just so great at showing their gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo---cast iron ENVY. You're going to have a lot of fun using that. Especially love the lid/griddle. Neat!

    ReplyDelete