Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A good deal? I hope so!

A friend texted me yesterday saying she was "cleaning up clutter" and thought since I'd gone to Black Sheep Gathering and was getting "into" wool, she'd offer me a trade.



She purchased this spinning wheel (used) a couple of years ago for $250. She wanted to propose a trade: the wheel in exchange for $150 of produce, eggs, or meat (and I determine the value of the trade goods).

I'm hoping it's a good trade. Someone who saw the picture on my facebook page said she thinks it's an Ashford?

I figure even if I don't learn to spin on it, I can either sell it, or it will make a really cool conversation piece and make people think I can spin. Hee hee!

Happy 4th of July to you all!

4 comments:

  1. this would have went perfect with my old decor-now I'm into more oriental-judy -shabbyshiek-ect,ect,ect decor .It has a use you say? wonder what that could be---lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an Ashford Traditional and they sell for about $450 new and unfinished. Yours is already broken in and finished. I just bought a used one for $250 on ebay. I have a neighbor who I will trade wool and a ewe lamb for spinning and carding lessons. I can't wait. How cool! Yes it is a deal. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did well, Ruth! That is beautiful, and I'm sure you will get lots of pleasure from it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is super neat! I think you did very well!

    ReplyDelete