Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Critter Pics and family issues...

Bella knows she is not supposed to be on the couch unless someone invites her up with them. Some people might think if a dog is allowed on the couch with someone, they don't know the difference if they go on it without permission. My dogs do know the difference and usually followed the rules. I noticed her today lying very quietly in a corner of the loveseat. Every now and then she would glance up at me, then close her eyes and put her head down on the couch. She was so cute I couldn't scold her. I just quietly told her she needed to get down and she did.



Shadow, one of our cats, is fascinated with the bird feeder. She is a great mouser, but thankfully so far has not managed to catch any birds. She sits on the shelf and watches "Kitty TV". Lately, I've noticed that there is one particular bird (a Grosbeak) has been sitting on the feeder and watching her. Somehow he knows that she can't get him. Even when she jumps at (and hits) the window, he might fly off for a second, but he's right back staring at her. It's like he's teasing her. Shadow gets so upset...



It's been a hectic week, still overwhelmed with financial stuff, now family stuff is raising my blood pressure. I won't go into details as I don't want to rehash it in my head, but my sister (who is my neighbor) basically told me she doesn't like my animals and it's causing stress for her and her marriage, since her husband doesn't like us. This has been on-going, it's just kinda the first time she said anything. We've always just skirted around it. Lately, she texts me to ask why we are fencing, what kind of shed we are building, etc. But, yesterday, when she told me that she really disliked the pigs most of all my animals, I said "Sorry, we own (well, we are buying) our property and we are legally allowed to have livestock." It actually was all said through texts, as my family (including myself) doesn't talk serious stuff well. My property and house are well-maintained and the manure is kept picked up. Yes, the pigs have an aroma, but that's something I can't control. I haven't mentioned this to Steve, as it will send him through the roof and he will confront them. It makes me sad, but I really want to tell her "move to the city if you don't like the country". Oh well, just something that I will finally be dealing with, I just have to be careful not to involve my mom too much (she lives next to us also.) Anybody wanna swap our 5 acres with yours?

Have a week full of hope, joy and faith...

8 comments:

  1. I hope you find the answer to this problem. Family is so important, but your all living next to each other makes this even more true.
    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a brother that lives 5 doors down and we have a similar relationship. Actually we dont talk, but he is always finding a way to make my life miserable. What can you do, that is a real family. I dont know anyone who has a 'sitcom' type family where everyone gets along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes. Families can be a real source of happiness and at the same time craziness. On any given day, both. I hope you guys can resolve the problem with out much fuss. I take it your stalls are on the down wind side to their property? 5 acres seems like plenty of room to disperse the aroma???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, how about a trade for a week? After me, your sister will be happy to have you back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you have to deal with such nonsense, Ruth. You are right though, they make places for people that don't like the country, they are called "cities". I'll gladly give her my suburban home for her country one, and I'll even help you shovel manure for facilitating the transfer LOL, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds just like my distributional family-only quad-duple it- I have 7 sister's and 6 brother's - not all living of coarse-but there are the kids [ nieces and nephews ] and [ there kids too].I still have not talked to my brother much since he was the excecuter of my dad's estate--he robbed us blind since he used to be the top acct. for Gambles -he flu all over the world to keep the company in the black--boy where we stupid to choose him-the smartest in the family-so jean-I KNOW-BEEN THERE -DONE THAT AND IT HURTS

    ReplyDelete
  7. that was suppose to say Jane sorry !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Relationships with family are always harder than any others. So much baggage and emotion involved. Hoping the situation has gotten better in the last couple of days. If not, just remember you can't change anyone else. Try not to let others make you unhappy. Just because they prefer to be that way doesn't need to affect you. I think you do a great job of staying optimistic. That's important. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete