Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Zoom+Yippee+Hyperenergy=TOO MUCH COFFEE!

Wow, so normally in the morning, I have a cup, maybe a cup and a half of coffee. Today, there was about half a pot left (unusual as Steve drinks tons of it every morning) so I just kept drinking it. Now, 4 hours later, I'm wired for sound. I swear my eyes are bugging out of my head. Thank goodness the pot is empty.



(Please notice my shameless "Go Beav's" plug for Oregon State University.)

One benefit of all this hyperactivity is I've gotten quite a bit done re: all the paperwork (taxes-groan), filing of farm stuff and transcription for my contract with the City of Gold Beach for council minutes. One of the bad things will be the crash when it wears off. I have to go to work today for a whole hour, so the crash will probably happen then.

I realized about 20 minutes ago that I was starving (guess two pieces of toast didn't go very far) and getting the shakes. So, I grabbed a can of kidney beans out of the cupboard and heated them up. Yum! Except they were store-bought (on sale) and the amount of salt about made me pucker! And, I like salt! But this was over the top. I should have kept the label so I could see what the sodium content was. However, it did the trick and the protein helped pull me together a bit.



On a side note, check out my "Jeans" post at Girls Gone Trashy, where I recently became a contributing blogger. Pretty exciting for me that my "trashy" outlook could be something someone else wanted to read about.

Also, I am excited to say that I have won 3 blog contests this week (ok, so I was a runner-up in one, but still!) As my exciting, wonderful prizes arrive I'll take pictures and share with you. And, I'm getting close to another give-away of "homestead" type books (2 this time) so watch for that.

Have a day filled with Hope, Joy and Faith (but not caffeine).

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ruth, you just gave me the laugh I so needed this afternoon. I giggled all the way through your post. I could just hear you rattling it off at about twice the speed of normal! (Sounding sorta like Alvin and the Chipmunks!) All that caffeine has got to go a ways towards giving your system a good clean-out. Knocking all the winter rust loose. Sorta like a spring tonic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I bet you were wired for sure!I don't drink coffee,or much of anything else for that matter,except water.Most of my family drinks it some, way more than they need. I don't envy the tax thing,just hang in there.Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to laugh at the idea of you running around like super woman. LOL I drink tea and have to watch myself or the caffine has me awake all night and still wired the next morning.

    ReplyDelete