Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Procrastination! I am the queen!

So, I'm a procrastinator by nature, I mean I'm really good at procrastinating. Like I could write it as a skill on a resume. I am truly royalty when I start my procrastination process.

For example, I have a bunch of things I need to get done, taxes, etc. But, in order to put my full concentration on the jobs at hand, I need to do my morning chores, then straighten the house, and goodness, I certainly can't think with that laundry that needs to be folded.

There seems to be so many things I need to get done... Perhaps I should write a list so that I don't forget anything. As I'm writing my list, I think of a couple other things to add to it, then I realize I have been meaning to write down the different things that I need to have here on the farm (the extra wheelbarrow, the reading light for my home office, etc), so I had better write that list. And, of course the grocery list. There's some things to add to it so I had better do that (not that there's any available money to do the mentioned grocery shopping, but you never know!).

Then, I start my list. Of course if I do the smaller things first I can mark them off my list, which always makes me feel better. Then I need to take a break. I wander out into the garden to see if my asparagus has come up yet. It hasn't, but the weeds around the boxes have. Maybe I'll pull just a few... they pull really easy, so I'll pull some more. Oh gee, now I have to go put some wood on the fire. I glance at the clock and notice it's lunch time, and I do need to eat(Normally I never eat lunch). Then there are a couple more things I can do on the list that won't take that much time, so I can get the bigger things done. After doing that, I notice it's time to feed the animals, which seems to take longer today. Then, I need to get wood in because there is a freeze warning tonight, so I'll need to build a fire too. Lyndsey and Steve are home from work now, so I need to start dinner... Then, fold the rest of the laundry, lock up the chickens, write a entry for the Girls Gone Trashy Blog and work on my blog. I want something sweet, so I need to make a recipe I found while spring cleaning the other day (Mrs. Truman's Ozark Pudding). Then I have to check facebook...

So you see what I mean. I got a lot done today, as a matter of fact, tons. However, none of it was the important things I needed to do, and I work a split shift tomorrow, so who knows if I'll be able to do them then, probably be wiser to put 'em off til Wednesday, if I don't have other chores to do...

On a side note, I'd like to thank Jalene @ Prairie Homestead Ponderings for my "runner-up" gift in her Hodge Podge giveaway contest. What a great idea! I think I shall do something similar as I "spring clean". She sent me Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas Sweet Memories CD and Mannheim Steamroller's American Spirit CD. Both of these are mainly instrumentals, which means I can listen to the beautiful music and not get distracted by the lyrics, which I tend to do when I listen to music.



Hope you have a procrastination-free week full of hope, joy and faith!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds familiar - in my case, the laundry seems to be never done -as I wander around doing this and that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I thought I was the only one. LOL Last night William told me there was only a few days left to get tax papers together and I started planning for today and already off track. LOL Have a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am guilty of procrastination also, but I do think those taxes are one thing that does not go well with procrastination. Only the government is allowed to do that;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Definitely do the taxes, though!

    ReplyDelete