Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Twins!!!



Hubby went out this am to visit with the "flock" before he left and came back to the house and thumped on the window and hollered "Get out here now, we've got babies on the ground!" I panicked, because Staci was not showing any signs of labor, still eating like a pig, bag no fuller, etc. so I had left her out with the other sheep and mini-horse. Pulled on sweats, ran down to the field and there they were! Two beautiful babies. Quickly scooped them up and put them in the "birthing" pen (better late than never) and Staci followed. I snapped a few pictures. Not sure what they are yet. I glanced quickly as I put them down, I am thinking both ewe lambs, but not 100% sure.


Gonna let momma and them have some quality time together for a day or so. It is silly how flippin' excited I am! Woke up with a headache that immediately vanished after my adrenalin rush! Yippee!!

5 comments:

  1. How beautiful! So Cute. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay twin lambs! How adorable! Glad mom and babes are doing well.

    http://swordsintoplows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your hubby found them when he did! Guess Mama Sheep knew what she was doing . . . thankfully. The experience of birth NEVER gets old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! They are cuties, get lots of photos for us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Living on a farm is exciting! Congratulations on the twins,I am excited for you!Woohoo! Keep them warm. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete