Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Total randomness!

One of the things I thought I would try to do this year was read some of the classics. I love to read, and will read just about anything. However, I don't really remember ever reading the classic literature that has been around for eons. I've watched Swiss Family Robinson, but never read the book! Watched Treasure Island, never read the book. Watched 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, but never read it... You get the picture. So, while at the library the other day, I checked out the book below. Remember how I said I will read just about anything? I was wrong. I can't read this. It's driving me nuts. I am trying, but I just can't get into it. So, back to the library it will go and I'll try another one.



Dang, time passes fast. Seems like just yesterday our lil' bottle calf Bubba was depending on us for everything.



Almost two years later, not so much!



Course, that happen's with kids too. Here's our youngest, Lyndsey, about 9 years ago looking so angelic with her lil' duck.



Times change...



Just kidding! Here's how she really looks...



And one of my favorite pictures of my farm girl(Lyndsey is the "Faith" part of our farm) and Bubba together almost a year and half ago...



I need to take more pictures, for the memories and smiles they bring. Maybe I'll start a picture file of the classics I successfully read? Or don't read? Or both?


3 comments:

  1. Right? We should all have read those in high school, huh? But yes, they are horribly rough reads. So I don't blame ya!

    I am so glad your daughter didn't change THAT much. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same problem with the "classics." Who the heck deemed these books classics anyway?

    I burst out laughing at the first "grown-up" picture you posted of your beautiful Lyndsey. And they say clothes don't make the (wo)man! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndsey was dressed up for "clique" day at school, where you were supposed to dress as something you are not, so she went goth. She came home and told me "people told me I looked nice-that's kind of scary!" LOL

    ReplyDelete