Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Monday, January 31, 2011

I see Spring! I see Spring!

Okay, I know it's still a while til the official day (March 20th to be precise) but as I was walking acrossed our water-saturated orchard yesterday I saw these!


I know those of you who are getting snow and frigid weather will hate to hear me say this, but I am hoping we get a few more good storms before spring officially hits. Here on the southern Oregon coast our storms consist of rain, which falls sideways, backwards and upside down due to the wind (gusts up to 100 mph) and I love to hunker down in the house during the duration. Of course I'm weird enough that I like to go out for walks during them also.

Anyhow, I have to admit the sight of these little crocus(es?) perked me up a bit... Hope they brighten your day too!

7 comments:

  1. Ah! That is awesome! I just love crocus! Sure sign of good to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure are cute peeking their heads out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always consider these the first signs of spring! Thanks so much for sharing. Blessings jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, do you live in a different climate than we do! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your encouragement for the pop addiction...The crocuses are so pretty.. I love hunkering down at times to.. this is the first real storm we are going to get..Shoveling is good exercise and I do complain about it but I feel good after it.. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this lovely picture. I'd almost forgotten what grass looked like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jealousy,jealousy!!
    It's been so long since I've seen ground, I've forgotten what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete