Other stuff about the farm and your's truly!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Can you see the green?

A few days ago (8 to be precise) I posted pictures of the new greenhouse and mentioned I'd planted lettuce seed. I went into the greenhouse today to dump some compost material and was so excited to see this:


If you look closely, you can see the little bits of green that are peeking out through the soil. I am so excited. Maybe we will have fresh salads in a few weeks! With the rain we get here on the southern Oregon coast, I don't even attempt to plant anything outside til mid-may because the seed will rot (and sometimes does even waiting that late)!

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! I wish you luck with the greenhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I would be excited to! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do see the green! I hope you'll post new pictures in a few days. I had no idea that rain delayed your planting so far into spring. The snow and cold of northern Michigan doesn't handicap us as much as rain does you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the pic bigger and i COULD SEE THE LITTLE PLANTS!OOps I hit caps. good job! blessings jane

    ReplyDelete